Volunteer Opportunity | Flash Mentor at GirlEng #AskAnEngineer Workshop
WomEng is looking for volunteers to inspire, motivate and mentor high school girls about engineering and the built environment career choices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
WomEng is looking for volunteers to inspire, motivate and mentor high school girls at our upcoming GirlEng #AskAnEngineer Workshops.
· Interacting with the high school girls attending throughout the event
· Participate during the #AskAnEngineer Q&A sessions
· Participate in the LaunchPad workshop.
Your main responsibility will be during the intermission (approx. 30 mins). During this time, girls will be in groups, branding their hard hats as part of the LaunchPad Workshop. As a Flash mentor, you will be allocated to interact with a group of girls (approx. 10 girls) during this activity. You will be responsible for engaging with the group. It is up to you to give as much advice and answer as many questions as you possibly can about your STEM discipline and career. Questions can range from “What do you wear to work?” to “What inspired you to be an engineer?”
ABOUT FLASH MENTORING
Flash mentoring refers to mentors sharing insights and experiences with mentees in a short period of time without the expectation of continuing a mentoring relationship beyond the event. Interaction between mentors and mentees is focused around studying and working in the field of engineering or preparing for university.
- Female student or professional in the Engineering and Built Environment Sector.
- Based in Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town
- Available on 12 May 2018 from 08h00 - 13h00
- A reference letter from WomEng confirming your volunteer role
- WomEng Volunteer experience points - the more points you earn, the more volunteer opportunities available to you
- The feel-good feeling of giving back, being a role model and inspiring girls career choices
Applications close on 09 May 2018. There are limited volunteering spaces available.
- Complete the form below
- WomEng will review and shortlist candidates
- Should you be shortlisted, WomEng will contact you with further details
- NB: This is a non-paying, volunteer role.